Wednesday 8 February 2023

Flash Fiction: Rant! (100 words)

christopher lee as dracula

"Shit, ma. You always used to let me go clubbing."

"Yes, but we've talke…"

"I know. But you said it yourself, I need to engage with age-appropriate peers!"

"Yes, but online, like most of yo…"

"That's just sad. I wanna touch, love, dance 'til dawn."

"Now, you know that's impossib…"

"Ma, don't you see? I'd rather go out in a searing fireball than live like…this."

"Don't be silly. Anyway, you know dancing's off-limits. It's only muscle holding your head to your neck as it is. You know what'd happen if it actually jerked off!"

"Finally, she gets it…"


Go, me! The above piece represents my first ever Best Bits challenge win in Sci-Fi Roundtable's Facebook Group. The topic for the above flash fiction piece was "Rant".

OK, granted. It was a tie with E.M. Swifthook; but, as they've won a gazillion, they let me choose the next topic: "Incoming!"

Think you've got it in you to write an amazing 100-word flash fiction piece with "Incoming!" as your cue? Head on over to this week's Best Bits and give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment